Friday, July 25, 2008

July 22, Rachelle and I have made it home safely...

Dear Friends and Family,

I would like to let everyone know that Rachelle and I have made it home safely and that all is well for us. We are very sad that our time in Panama has ended but in our leaving we feel that the relationships that we build will continue on for a lifetime. From the beginning of our time in Panama to the end I have gotten to see how Dad can turn an impossible situation into a possible one. Dad has blessed me with this trip and I hope that this time in Panama is just the start to what he could use me for and I pray that he would use me in mighty and powerful ways in the future.

Since being back we have had a busy time with moving and getting things set up for us here in Bolivar. It has been a little stressful at times but I know that Dad is with us. Thank you for your yarpers and support during this time.

Dad Bless,
Brett



Hey everyone,

The last week in Panama went very well. We were able to take all of our close friends and students out to eat as they have treated us so many times before. It was nice being able to return the favor and have them accept it. I also gave paintings to everyone so they would remember me for years to come.

It was really hard saying goodbye to David and Wendy as we became closer to them than anyone else. In the culture it is not acceptable to say you will miss someone or show emotions at all so I constantly had to remember these things as I said goodbye. I hope I can return in a year or two to see all our friends again but the Father will be the one who ultimately decides when we will return.

On our last day in Panama a few friends came over to "help us pack and clean." In reality we fixed them American style food because they wanted to learn (since they had taught us how to fix Chinese food) and they wanted to see us again before leaving. After dinner we all talked and made different types of origami.

The next morning our m brought us to the airport and we were on our way. We ended up having two flight delays, four gate changes, and an eight hour lay over in Alanta, but we made it safe and sound. It was actually the shortest flight I have taken for a m trip so it was easy traveling for me.

Since being back (we got back very late last Monday night) things have been a little crazy - meeting my family and Brett's family after being away, moving into our new apartment, getting everything set up for the new place, and then graduation this week.

Thank you for all your yarpers throughout our m trip. I have really appreciated them and have seen them answered. I feel like I have a much better idea of what a m faces on a day to day basis with the joys and struggles when starting a new ministry. I have definitely fallen in love with working with internationals and I hope to find a ministry in the Springfield/Bolivar area in which I can take part.

In Him,
Rachelle